Thursday, September 15, 2011

MY IDEAL APARTMENT


Sometimes I wish that I could have everything my way, but alas...it just doesn't happen when money doesn't grow on the trees in your yard.  It must grow in somebodies yard...but mine just has a bunch of boring trees like pear and pecan.  Pshhhh pears. 
Now that I'm coming to the end of my college career, I find it important to get out of my parents house.  It's not on the list of important things...but it's pretty close to being on it since right now number one is preparing for a Chemistry exam.
Ideal to me isn't "dream home"...because I'm looking at apartments for crying out loud!  But don't cry out loud when you're in your apartment because someone might complain!  Ideal to me is "perfect."  Perfect in the fact that it's reasonably priced and it comes with things that I need, want, and would definitely take advantage of.
The Stonegate apartments in south Austin give me my perfect.  Perfect for now (when I move in) and perfect for the whole time I spend there (though I'm no future teller), which is probably a years lease.


STONEGATE GIVES ME:
  • Ceiling fans!!! This is Texas y'all...if you don't have a ceiling fan I think you're crazy!
  • Enough space!!! I call myself an artist and with that title comes a lot of (what my mom likes to call it) crap.  Hey...I'm creative! Don't hold me back mom or I'll paint the hallway an awesome color that leads to my orange bathroom.  692 sq. ft. may sound like it's small, but any space that I can call mine (aka any place that I can paper mache in freely) is big enough.


  • I thought about putting cost in here and pretending like it was ideal but I don't want to pay a little bit over a dollar every month for every square foot.  There's probably going to a handful of squares that I don't use.  Corner squares...
  • Close proximity to mom and pops and close to I-35.  I love my house and where we live so I would never want to give that up by moving away.  We live on a road that divides a row of awesomely spaced houses and wide open land scattered with goats, horses, two dogs, and a donkey!  Other than the goats, the animals are "rescues."  Though it's not like they look like they're in better shape.  About the highway!  It can take you anywhere!  Basically...because I've kinda figured out how to get to Mopac.  The highway to the maaaaaaall!
    • First of all...I'll accept this new bullet point.
    • Second...they have a fancy looking pool for my mermaid self!  It's not what you would call "peanut shaped" because it's more like amoeba shaped.  Coooool, amoebas.  I didn't even know how to spell that and I probably wont remember.  Oh, plus there's a hot tub which I don't particularly like because hot tubs make me hot (NO WAY!) and when you get out you're going to be cold probably.  And if you want to get back into the pool...it's going to freeze your butt off.  Most likely not literally.
    • They fo totes (aka totally) have a laundry facility, awesome!  I could make an argument about wanting my own washing machine and dryer but moving those things...not fun for anyone.  I would know...we've help my brother and his wife move 20,000 times.  Or less.  Less.
    • Work out facility- I hope they have elliptical.  I hope they have enough room for my spontaneous dancing.
    • Connecting Sidewalks...it's always nice to be able to avoid dog droppings!
    • Built in microwave- Can you believe this? I wont have to take my own microwave when, at my house, we have like 3 extra microwaves just lyin' around.  What a joke!
    • Bilingual staff- hells to the yeah!  This is always a plus.  I'll pretend I'm from Spain and they'll pretend I'm not crazy.  But that has nothing to do with practicing my Spanish with strangers.  Compro mi nuevo zapatos a la mercado de sandalias.  Now...I'm going to go to the google translator and see if I did that right.  Here's the result.  And this is how I would have had to write it in Spanish class to get full credit: Click here!!!

 Now, I'm sure there are many more pluses to this place...but it's time to get back to my raccoon (because that's what I'm making for sculpture class).

CLICK HERE FOR THE VACANCY.COM LINK to vacancy.com's page on Stonegate.