Monday, July 4, 2011

VIRGINIA HURRAY!

I don't have a picture for this stuff because I don't feel like figuring out my Great Aunt & Uncles computer stuff.  It's probably this little thing on the side of the monitor but with my luck with Macs I wont know how to actually find anything.  Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit.

So last night I saw Mama Mia down at the Wolf Trap theatre.  It was nice but some of the songs were new to me and I was glad that the movie had edited those out because of how boring they were.  The wardrobe lacked color until the end parts and the woman who played Sophie was waaaaay too theatrical.  You had to be there.  I guess I could explain it like this: Imagine you have a 15-year-old daughter and you just found out she was pregnant...then you're going back and forth to people going "I DON'T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED" and acting all pitiful because you think the world has ended.  Not sure if I hit the nail on the head...but if I could act it out for you I would.  However, her singing voice sounded just like the actress from the movie...and Donna's voice was similar too.  I felt like they were too handsy with the slender friend of Donna's...I kept thinking about how those people felt about having to do that.

Wow, their computer screen is about 7X bigger than my Hp mini so the type box actually gets bigger when the paragraphs get longer.  Wild!  Plus I'm actually sitting in a computer chair...normally I'm sitting on my bed or in the living room...occasionally at the dining table.

Tomorrow's my first day of drawing classes...I didn't think about how tiring siting and drawing people and what not is going to be...I have two 3hour blocks of portrait, then figure drawing...30 minute break for lunch.  I'm nervous, or something like that, but I'm not sure why.  It's not like I have to move to different places for the different classes because it is with the same woman in the same room.  I'm already tired all the time...but maybe it's because I'm not doing much yet.

Wed-29th, Thurs-30, Fri-1st, Sat-2nd, Sun-3rd, Mon-4th...Happy fourth by the way!  I didn't eat any watermelon like I did 2 years ago :( Good times!

To tomorrow! *clink *clank *clink*


No comments:

Post a Comment